Monday, May 4, 2009

GWT-EXT Error: Scanning source for uses of the deprecated gwt.typeArgs javadoc annotation; please use Java parameterized types instead

So I downloaded GWT-EXT 2.0.6 and placed it in my Eclipse project's build path. Then I wrote some simple code:
MapPanel osm = new OpenStreetMap();

Then i placed this in my project's the gwt.xml file



When I ran this code in hosted mode, I got this error:

[DEBUG] Scanning source for uses of the deprecated gwt.typeArgs javadoc annotation; please use Java parameterized types instead
[DEBUG] Type com.gwtext.client.data.NodeModel
[TRACE] Field attributesAllowed
[WARN] Deprecated use of gwt.typeArgs for field attributesAllowed; Please use java.util.ArrayList as the field's type
[TRACE] Field children
[WARN] Deprecated use of gwt.typeArgs for field children; Please use java.util.ArrayList as the field's type
[TRACE] Field properties
[WARN] Deprecated use of gwt.typeArgs for field properties; Please use java.util.HashMap as the field's type

I have GWT 1.5.3.

I scanned forums which all said that the reason for this is because GWT 1.5 uses generics rather than the @gwt.typeArgs annotation. (eg: http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/74037cd1bc9c85d0)

However, I did not use any annotations. Hence, this did not resolve my problem.

I then found out that this was a bug and it was fixed here:
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-ext/issues/detail?id=464

Download the jar file in the above URL. Use that jar file instead. You won't get the error anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I faced the same issue and stumbled across your post. It works like a charm. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.